In a dual-battery (24 volt systems) it is often desirable to have 12 volt power available. Often this 12 volt power is available by tapping the battery stack at the junction of the lower and upper battery. Tapping the battery stack will result in unequal current draw from the lower and upper battery. Unequal current draw from the batteries will result in a state of charge unbalance. The lower battery will be discharged more than the upper battery. Eventually, this will lead to damage and reduced life from the batteries.
The Power Converter provides an effective method for ensuring that the two batteries maintain voltage balance by providing all of the 12 volt current. The battery is only called upon to supply transient currents that exceed the output capability of the Converter. The Converter thus, maximizes the life of the batteries in a dual battery system.
Converts provide fixed outputs to power 12 volt loads directly, where a 12 volt battery is not available.
Clicking one of the following links, will open a new tab in your browser.
- Low standby current drain (typically 5mA or less)
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature
- Thermally protected for over temperature conditions.
- Short-Circuit and Over-Current protected.
- Reverse polarity protected.
- Over-Voltage/Low-Voltage protected.
- Stand off up to 100Vdc.
- RoHS compliant units available with select Converters and Equalizers.
- Loss of Ground Protected.
- EMI/EMC Compliance : Models designed to meet specific customer, SAE, ISO, E mark, CE or military standards.
- Operating input voltage range from 9 volts to 96 volts (DC) negative ground.
- Shock & Vibration resistant.
- Environmentally sealed (IP67 equivalent) models available.
- Typical effciency of 94%.
- Units can be paralleled for grater output capacity.
Manufacturer Profile : Sure Power Industries
Sure Power Industries (now part of Eaton/Cooper Bussmann) provides a wide variety of quality products and engineering services designed to aid in the management of DC electrical systems. Since inventing the Battery Isolator in 1959, Sure Power has been designing and manufacturing innovative, reliable and cost competitive products and services for a wide variety of markets including off-highway, bus, and truck, marine and automotive.
|Product Name||Sure Power 60 Amp Power Converter (24 to 12V)|
|Brand||SURE POWER INC.|
This product may expose you to chemicals
known to the state of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov